A reservoir was constructed here in 1951 to provide recreational opportunities for residents of Laredo and Webb County. According to Wikipedia, "The park was operated jointly by the City of Laredo and Webb County before it was acquired by the state in 1990 and opened in March 1991 as the Lake Casa Blanca International State Park."
The campgrounds contains 56 water and electric sites plus 10 full hook-up sites -- all with a view of the lake.
A distinctive structure located high above the campground is this abandoned building which is believed to have been used as a science center with various educational displays. Note the tree growing in the center of the building which has been unused for at least 40 years.