Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Failing Eyesight

Old age has finally caught up with my eyes
And is covering them with a layer
Of cloudy crud!
Nothing looks clear anymore.
- Nature’s like a painting with colors running.
- People like rag dolls.
 - Words are just rows of riddles on a page.
- Flagpoles have curves in the middle.
- The ground is not level anymore,
  and it’s farther below my feet than it used to be!
      My view of the outer world is 
                   blurred  distorted  unreliable.

Yet my view of my inner world has never been so clear!
Three-quarters of a century have polished my image
- Of who I am and my contentment with what I see.
                     - Nature’s glories are there untarnished 
in my memory bank.
          -  I see a beauty within, sprung from 
                             grins, giggles, guffaws,
and an occasional tear.
- Inside, I see growing acceptance of difference,
          -  and wisdom gained from life experiences.            
            And love is blooming there, nurtured 
- not by my goodness -
   But by God’s gift of the Holy Spirit!


 So my vision is still 20/20 --  if I only look In or up! 


2 Oct 2019 - mshr