Since we were driving our one ton dual rear wheel truck, we parked at that point and walked the rest of the way. That gave us an excellent opportunity to enjoy the changing shadows as the sun was rising higher in the sky.
Continuing on down the road we came to the location where in 1909 J. O. Langford built a house on top of a bluff and developed a small health resort utilizing the spring's natural hot water for baths.
|J. O. Langford home.|
|Interior of Langford home.|
|Motor court for Langford's guests.|
|Remains of the General Store and Post Office|
|Another view of the General Store|
J. O. Langford advertised the hot springs as "The Fountain that Ponce de Leon Failed to Find"
|The bathhouse was right on the edge of the Rio Grande River.|
|Looking across the Rio Grande from the Hot Springs trail and into Mexico.|
|This 1920 adobe farmhouse, one of the few historic buildings|
in the area, is typical of Big Bend's agricultural period.
|A restored wetlands.|
|Another view of the wetlands.|
|Burros grazing across the river in Mexico,|
|The village of Boquillas del Carmen seen in the distance.|
|The Rio Grande River|
|A sharp bend in the Rio Grande River. From the high observation|
point the Rio Grande River was on three sides of us.
|Looking past an Ocotillo plant and across the Rio Grande|
River into Mexico.