Monday, February 24, 2014

New Best Friend

She's been here all the time, but I really hadn't noticed her before.  In the past several days, however, we've been spending a lot of time together.  I've discovered that she is always ready to help.  She isn't talkative or gossipy, and is always compassionate and ready to give a warm hug when needed.  She is wonderfully accepting, whisking away any nastiness I may share with her.  Dependability could be her middle name, but she is also wonderfully flexible, graciously doing things my way and never insisting on her own.

My new best friend is not a person, however.  She is an appliance!  A urinary tract infection has given me a great deal of time to spend on the toilet these past few days.  I've come to consider her a close friend, "a buttock buddy," so to speak.  I so appreciate her non-judgmental receptiveness and her constant, 24/7, availability.  Her gentle warm hugs are comforting, especially in the middle of a dark and sleepless night.

Since my doctor's appointment last Friday, she and I are not spending quite so much time together.  But "a friend in need is a friend indeed" and my new best friend is just that kind of companion!